Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So on Friday, we went to Toledo, the capital of Castilla La Mancha. To say it was incredible is an understatement. We went to the La Catedral de Santa Maria and saw some of Greco´s paintings. This week, we are going on an overnight trip to Córdoba and Granada.
I suppoe you are wondering what my normal day is like. On the weekdays I get up at 8.30 and leave for school around 9.05. It´s only about a ten minute walk to the school. From 9.30 to 4.00 I am at school. Then I get home around 4.30, take a siesta (amazing concept) and do my homework. Around 6, I go out with my friends to the Plaza Mayor for Helados Moran. It´s the best stuff ever! On the weekends, I am allowed to be out with my family until 1 AM and we usually cut that curfew pretty close. We go have dinner with various people and every Saturday, we have lunch (at 3:00) with Pascual, which is another name for grandma. I go to Mass on Saturday evenings in the Cathedral. It´s nearly the same, but there are not just the stragglers walking in during the homily;there are people coming in at the final blessing. Spaniards are known for never being on time.
I like my host family pretty well. My dad, Carlos, is the easiest to talk to. My mom, Rita, kind of gets frustrated when I don´t understand what she is saying. But, what can I do? I like my siblings, Carlos (16) and Andrea (15), but they are out until odd hours of the night with their friends. I went out once with Andrea and her friends and they taught me to play cards. I´ll buy a pack of Spanish cards and I will teach you guys how to play. But, sadly Carlos and Andrea are leaving for Ireland on Thursday. They get back the day I leave.
Anyway, I am heading out to the Plaza Mayor and all of you are in my prayers!

Vivemos en la casa de capulla.

1 comment:

  1. When I typed in the last sentence in Google translate to show it to Sam, it said: "We live in the house of cocoons."

    I was all like, WHAT????? That is definitely NOT what she told me it meant. But it is still comical. :)

    ReplyDelete