Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Well...

Well...I can unerstand a bit of what is being said to me. The accents are really different and they don´t even say the whole word. And then I have to process what they are saying. Oh well, I´ll get used to it. Today was our first day en el colegio. We took a test to be placed into different groups. I forgot 3 years of Español. i don´t know how on Earth I managed to do that, but I did.
So over the weekend, my host family took me to Alarcos, which is a hermitage on top of a mountain. They put the Virgen of Alarcos(Mary) on an altar and they carry her from the city to the top of this mountain. Then they stay there all night and pray. It´s pretty cool. Then Monday was a holiday and we went to their house  in a small town 20km away. It was a lot of fun, and don´t worry, I didn´t forget about you guys at home :) You´re in my prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment